Friday, February 24, 2006

We Have HIGH SPEED INTERNET!!

Oh my dear, I thought the day would never come! Finally I have high speed internet. :) Perusing Bloglines was so S-L-O-W with dialup.

Anyhoo, on to the knitting content!

One of my projects during the time I was away was knitting up a pair of Speed Demon Sock Yarn in the Slayer colorway. I just love winding yarn using the swift and ball winder.



Einstein likes to "help" as well. She likes to watch the free end of the skein as it goes around...and around...

I finished these socks in about 3 days. I cast on 52 stitches on size 5 needles. Knit from the cuff down using Knitty's Socks 101.

Anyone seen my wooden stake??

3 comments:

Peg said...

Erin, neat socks and I love the photo of Einstein in the midst of the swift! Hope life is treating you well. I am currently knitting a child's pair of sport weight socks in Moc Croc Socks from a free pattern on Knit Picks that was designed by Susan Lawrence. In a green, they certainly look like the back of a crocodile. Hope a six year old boy will think they are fun!

Abi said...

Nice socks, nice cat! I suspect Einstein has plans for that yarn...

Maybe they will have their own yarn to play with soon... some Noro, perhaps... *grin*

Felicia from sweetgeorgia said...

Yay! Speedy Slayer socks!