Wednesday, March 15, 2006

100 Things About Me

1. I'm a Pisces
2. I was born in Chatanooga, TN.
3. The lights went out in the hospital, and I was almost born in the dark. Almost.
4. I feel like I grew up in FL even though I moved around a lot before the 3rd grade.
5. I was almost in the Super Bowl Halftime Show when it was in Tampa. But I was cut by Disney because I was considered "too tall"
6. I'm still bitter about it--I was a Girl Scout and they didn't let the council know there was a height limit. We got cut at 8:30 am and had nothing to do until our parents picked us up at 3.
7. I curse a lot.
8. I attribute it to the hospital I work in--the county hospital.
9. I tend to drop the F-bomb in front of my Mom a lot, even thoughI know she hates it.
10. I've met some really awesome people through Terence--people I consider my closest friends.
11. Einstein and Scout are littermates--the only two of the litter.
12. The day I realized I was working at Harborview too long was when I was called a FU**ing B**ch from Hell, and took it as a compliment.
13. I see horrific things happen to nice people and their families.
14. It makes me glad that I moved out to Seattle to be closer to my parents.
15. I'm most satisfied at work when I have a septic ARDS patient and I get to work the Roto-Prone bed.
16. I'm addicted to yarn.
17. Really addicted.
18. I can't pick a favorite.
19. But LOVE Felicia's Sweet Georgia Yarns
20. I'm subscribed to 193 feeds under Bloglines
21. Even my own
22. I like to check out how many other people are subscribed to my blog
23. It's up to 7.
24. I just got a Tivo.
25. Three words: BEST INVENTION EVER!
26. I like to watch Knitty Gritty when I get home from work
27. The host Vicki's hair annoys me.
28. I'm addicted to several TV shows: Sopranos, ANTM, ER, Lost...
29. I stopped watching so much TV when I was dating Terence
30. I'm back to being a couch potato.
31. Contentment for me right now is: Me watching TV, knitting, with the kitties asleep on my lap.
32. I know that won't last very long.
33. Because I really miss living with a boyfriend.
34. I'm soooo not ready for a relationship.
35. But feel like I'm ready to start dating.
36. I was a virgin until I was 25.
37. On my 25th birthday I vowed I'd get a boyfriend and loose my virginity that year.
38. I have no regrets.
39. I met Terence on Match.com
40. I contacted HIM first. And kissed him first.
41. He was 30 mintues late to our first date. I kept telling myself to leave. I'm glad I didn't.
42. I'm still bitter over our breakup.
43. I don't think he ever understood my obsession with yarn. :)
44. I'm not a good cook.
45. I tend to mess something up when I follow a recipe.
46. I'm a hell of a baker.
47. You should try my Chocolate Chip Cheesecake.
48. I make some kick ass Mac & Cheese too.
49. I know I have low self esteem.
50. It's because of my poor body image.
51. I'm really good at drawing blood from people.
52. I can do it so it doesn't hurt. Really. Even ABGs!
53. I like to try and gross my friends out with nursing stories.
54. They try to then gross me out, and they can't.
55. I'm don't like that I can tell that a GI bleed patient is in the unit by the smell I encounter when I enter the unit.
56. I often get burned out with my work
57. I feel like I need to go back to school.
58. But I can't find a graduate degree that I can get passionate about.
59. I wish I could get an art history degree.
60. I'd move to London if I could
61. I love riding subways.
62. I've ridden ones in NYC, Washington, DC, Tokyo, London, Rome, and Paris.
63. I've got a great sense of direction.
64. I rarely get lost.
65. I'm also an excellent navigator.
66. I love to ride roller coasters.
67. I've also been skydiving
68. I jumped from 12,000 feet.
69. I wasn't nervous until they opened the door to the airplane and looked down.
70. I want to go again.
71. I'm a thrill seeker.
72. I went to Italy by myself.
73. I loved Tokyo. If I could speak or understand Japanese, I'd live there too.
74. The yarn stores were fantastic!
75. I'm attracted to geeks.
76. Especially computer geeks
77. I started out as a Computer Science major in college
78. I changed my major when I failed Calculus.
79. I attended the University of Florida.
80. I'm proud to be a Gator.
81. I still make fun of FSU.
82. My parents are still married.
83. My brother is turning 30 this year.
84. He's still in FL, but hoping to move out here later this year.
85. I like having my parents all to myself.
86. But I know it will be nice to have all of my family out here in WA.
87. I love my MINI, Winston.
88. I believe seat warmers are the BEST THING EVER!
89. My pet peeve is when people use double negatives.
90. I love going to Ikea and walking through the store.
91. My apartment is furnished with tons of Ikea stuff.
92. I thought I'd hate working nights.
93. I've been offered day positions 5 times and turned them down.
94. It's for 2 reasons: less pay, and more people (Drs, social work, families, nutrition, PT, OT, etc) around.
95. I wish I could take better pictures for the blog.
96. I wish I could open a yarn store.
97. But I've worked for a small business and know how much work it is.
98. I've already come up with the store name! :)
99. I'd like to take up quilting, but I only need one expensive hobby right now, thanks.
100. I'm planning on making a trip to Ikea this weekend to get this: http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?topcategoryId=15561&catalogId=10103&storeId=12&productId=68964&langId=-1&parentCats=15561*15639*15651*15889

3 comments:

knittingnurse said...

OMG, you are so STINKIN' cute! I read your list and there are SO many similarities between the 2 of us. Well, there is 1 MAJOR flaw in your list but we will get there in a bit. First all the similarities:

I agree or am also just like numbers 7 (I gave it up for lent this year and it has not gone well), 8 (definitely!), 13, 15 (although mine are the cardiogenic shock patients!), 16 (oh YEAH!), 17 (me too), 18 (I'm with ya), 19 (haven't seen it yet - should I stay away?), 22 (aren't we sad?), 25 (heck yea! - it's the lent thing again), 27 (what's up with THAT?), 28 (West Wing, Grey's Anatomy, The amazing race, all 3 CSI shows), 31 (except mine is my DS and my puppy!), 36 (I was 22 - close enough), 49-52 (yep all of them), 53 & 54 (isn't it hilarious?), 55-58 (GI bleed is the WORSE EVER!), 66 (you need to come visit - we can take you to Cedar Point for the BEST Coasters EVER!), 81 (this is where the difference comes in and we will 'talk' about that further down), 88 (especially up here in the great north coast), 96-98 (I've got a name also!) and 99!

Now, about our little difference. You see, I am a University of Miami Grad. GO CANES! So, althoug I agree with you on FSU, we've got "some" difference beyond that also! Teehee!

Abi said...

Regarding #100: What a spectacular way to display your stash!!! *grin*

Funny thing about T... he is GREAT for meeting new, fabulous people. I, too, have met some great friends through him. :-)

Give me a few more years, and we can _really_ get into the "gross out game"... Right now, I'm not even in the same ballpark as you are...

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't forget the MTR in Hong Kong ... does that little subway at SeaTac airport count? :-)

(me!)