Monday, March 27, 2006

Fair Isle 101 Progress

Yup, I'm still working on the Fair Isle 101 Sweater from the Winter Interweave Knits. Look how far I've gotten! It's a finished body!

Since the sweater was knit in the round, I needed to weave in all the ends of the colored section. I decided last night to bite the bullet and weave them in. It took a lot less time than I anticipated!

And my 'seam' looks good! Although, you can see my jogs. I'm not that upset about it. I'm just happy it looks so good for my first time. (I didn't take any pictures of the gaping holes that were in the seam before I started.

And here's the back side of the seam. You can see the wayward red yarn, as I wanted to weave it in a red section.


The gray yarn still needs to be woven in. (And soon, as the kitties have gone CRAZY for this yarn!) Each day I've come home from work, there's been a skein of yarn that the kitties have gotten into and unwound halfway. :)


Now here's my problem. I'm working on the last sleeve, and as I was knitting and joining new yarn, I examined my work and noticed how parts of my knitting were leaning to the LEFT! (Look halfway down the picture) Will this come out with blocking??



How does this happen? I want to know so I can avoid it in the future. I'm fairly certain that is a section where I ended a ball of yarn.

No comments: