Sunday, March 12, 2006

Non-cat Knitting. :)

Yes, it hasn't been all kitty cats around here. :) I have been plugging away at a few projects for myself.

First off, I decided to challenge myself by making this sweater from the Fall Interweave Knits:

I'm hoping to modify the pattern slightly to make it longer. This is my first Fair Isle project, and first sweater to be knit in the round.

At this moment in time, I'm up to the middle of the second large motif, and am more than halfway done with the fair isle section. I've also completed a sleeve for this sweater--no pictures of that, it needs to be blocked and is just a large gray mass.


Here's my stranding. Eh, I don't know if I'm happy with it or not. At least they don't seem too tight.


Finally as a break from the fair isle I've been working on a sock. Dani's Deep Ocean Colorway from Sunshine Yarns.


I've completed one sock, and am working on shaping the gusset on the other.

Now a request for advice--has anyone tried Kool Aid dying? My knitting group and I are going to try it out. We've ordered some dyeable yarn, and now I'm looking for some real life tips and tricks. Thanks!

1 comment:

knittingnurse said...

good for you! The sweater looks great! Are you going to elongate it in the plain grey body section?
Love, love, LOVE the sock. Cast on right away for the second, ok?

Glad to hear from you!