Sunday, April 23, 2006

Dye-O-Rama Prep

In preparation for Dye-O-Rama, I decided it might be a good idea to take each one of my dyes, and dye a small skein of yarn so I'd have samples of my colors. I spent last night making up little skeins, and tonight dyeing with all my dyes!


Here's black, hot fuschia, bright yellow, teal and violet.

Violet, spruce, chestnut, bright kelly green

and emerald, bright blue, scarlett, and bright orange.


I can't wait to use these to help me make new colorways too! :)

And finally, progress on the Superman Stripe socks again. I'm SO glad I ripped and started from the toe up. I only need to figure out how to make a better heel. You're seeing the pretty side, the other side is horrible. I won't be ripping out these socks again. (I've already done it three times!!)

2 comments:

knittingnurse said...

Yeah! I am glad that you are happy with the toe up version. I am in search of the perfect toe-up heel as well. Let me know what you come up with and I will do the same, ok?

I can't WAIT to see all the beautiful yarns you will dye with those colors. They are all so VIVID! If you ever get the 'urge' to knit a green and orange skein, let me know (I am a Univ. of Miami alum - GO CANES!)

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

Hi!
Found your blog listed on Sweet Georgia and enjoyed reading it! Sweet Georgia yarns are so tempting! Have you purchased from them?
I really liked your dyed yarns too! I am going to try dyeing with Wilton cake icing colors, a step beyond my koolaid experiments!
I am also an RN-med-surg and pysch certified- from Easton, Pa. who is constantly on the look out for the ultimate sock pattern. I'm going to try the toe-up from www.knitlist.com/2002/ToeUpSock.htm because that Sherman heel looks interesting.Also, you might want to go to www.knoxsox.com for a generic type basic top down sock pattern.
My blog is www.theknitoriousmrsb.blogspot.com
and I am very behind in posting!