Monday, May 22, 2006

Spinning Progress

Today was my drop spindle spinning class! I was so excited to go. The class ended up being ok, and I learned how to ply, but not much else. Here's my little mini Coopworth skein.


And the yarn unhanked. I need to improve on my yarn thickness consistency.

I was so inspired by learning how to ply, that as soon as I got home, I finished spinning some prepared and pre-dyed Merino. The colorway is called denim.


My very own yarn! :)



I got to sew in the zipper of my Mom's cardigan using my friend Dave's sewing machine. So, modeling pics will have to wait until Wednesday when I give my mom the FINISHED cardigan.

Oh, yeah, I also ordered this from the Weaving Works. Resistance is futile.

1 comment:

Abi said...

Less than one month after the show, and what do you go and get?! *grin*

Looks like fun. Which wheel did you end up getting?

Nice work on the denim skein -- that is really looking like nice yarn!