Saturday, June 24, 2006

Black Sheep Gathering

I ended up going to the Black Sheep Gathering this weekend. I left Friday, late morning, and proceded to knit in the car. Abi was unable to join me.

I know what you're about to say, "Knitting while driving is DANGEROUS!"

It is if you are moving. It took me over an HOUR to get out of Seattle. I was sitting in traffic for 30 minutes before I pulled out my knitting. I was able to get three rounds done before traffic loosened up.


When I got to Eugene, I checked in to my hotel (traffic was HORRIBLE in Seattle and Portland). I brought my Lendrum with me, and proceeded to spin up the Sweet Georgia roving in the Hilltop colorway.

Pretty Hilltop singles.


My finished skein. This is about 204 yards of sportweight yarn. :)



I'm making REAL YARN! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Abi said...

Erin, that is stunning! That looks like the kind of yarn I see around that makes me drool... I am so impressed with how fast you pick these things up!

knittingnurse said...

WOW!!!! That is just beautiful. Even the singles are beautiful. Can you knit with singles? I always see people plying them but they look awful pretty as singles as well.