Thursday, June 15, 2006

Updates, Updates

My goal for the next four days is to do an update a day for the next four days! :)

Lots of fiber related activities lately.

My first BIG news happened Tuesday, when I was startled awake by my phone ringing. In my half sleep haze, I heard "Weaving Works" and "we'll hold it for a week" before I promptly fell back asleep.

Imagine my delight when I woke up that evening to hear that my LENDRUM had arrived! w00t!

Unfortunately, I had to work two more days before I could pick it up...

Somehow I made it through. :)

I have to admit, I was a little intimidated when I opened the box

I was like "crap, I hope there's directions... I just finished a 12-hour shift." But putting the wheel together is as easy as screwing in two screws. The hardest part was figuring out the tension-thingy.


Beautiful naked bobbin shot. :)

Yes, I'm in my PJs. I have yet to go to bed! :)

I pulled out the Corriedale Pencil roving in Pueblo, and got spinning. I figured I needed to learn how to USE the wheel and not have to worry about drafting yet.

Here's a bobbin full. :)


I love my spinning wheel. I've signed up to take the spinning class at the Weaving works, so I REALLY learn how to use the wheel. It's in the middle of July. I can't wait. :)


5 comments:

Sarah said...

That yarn looks great for a first try! I would LOVE a spinning wheel. I have no patience for a drop spindle.

knittingnurse said...

Yeah! That looks great. I'm impressed that you did that by "winging it". Good for you!

Abi said...

WOW! I love it! Congrats!
I can't wait to see what you create with it.

Abi said...

Wow! I love it! Congrats. I can't wait to see what you create with it!

Jeri said...

Beautiful wheel. I've just found your blog, from looking for Koigu Pomatomus. Can I ask, how you chose to get the Lendrum and how you like it?
Jeri
soapquiltknitATgmailDOTcom