Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The curse of dialup

The kitties and I are staying at my mom's this week to help keep her company. :) I've got so much progress to show you! But since she's still on dialup, it's going to have to wait a little longer. Here's what I've been doing.

Versailles #1 is finished. #2's cuff is about 5 inches long.

Weaving Class! Pick first project this week I'm going to make something for my mom in silk or cotton.

Spinning Class! I got to try out a Single treadle and double treadle Schacht Matchless. Since I learned on the double treadle, it was so hard to do the single treadle!! But Mmmmm.... The DT Matchless.... We've just been playing with Corriedale, nothing that exciting.

Seattle is H-O-T! Knitting with wool or spinning has been abandoned. I started an Orangina in Cotton Glace in blue. I've screwed up the pattern, and got off by a few stitches. Trying to decide if I should rip or keep going and call it the back. :) I'm leaning towards calling it the back. :)

My mom's sweater is started, but the stress is making her lose weight. I think I'd like for her weight to stablize before I keep going, otherwise it's going to be WAY TOO BIG!

I've got plane tickets and Hostel reservations for my trip. I leave a month from yesterday.

Will post pictures when I can--probably Friday.

No comments: