Sunday, July 02, 2006

Finally Fiber Photos and FO!

I've been busy this week trying to fight off illness (I think I'm winning) working, spinning and knitting.

Here's what I got at the Black Sheep Gathering, fiber wise.


First, white Baby Alpaca from The Bellwether.

I'm hoping to dye this up before spinning it.


Beautiful Angora Combed Top, 100% Angora rabbit, 4 oz, from Butternut Wollens


80% Merino, 20% Cashmere, 2 oz, from Chasing Rainbows Dyeworks


One of my favorite buys, Blue Faced Leicester Top, 5.2 oz, from Dicentra Designs


67% Kid Mohair, 33% Merino 4 oz, from Ewe To You


Fine Mohair Top, 4 oz, from Butternut Wollens


I've already dipped into a few of the purchases, like this one. 80% Merino, 20% Angora, from From Barn to Yarn. 8 oz. I'm hoping to make a three ply yarn out of this.


80% Merino, 20% Tussah Silk, 5.1 oz. from Dicentra Designs.


More Blue Faced Leicester Top, dyed by Blue Moon Fiber Arts


And the last purchases, two different colorways of Superwash Merino Roving from Crown Mountain Farms. I hope to use this for sock yarn.



Finally, my FO!


Pattern: Simply Lovely Lace Socks
Yarn: Socks that Rock Spinel
Needles: US2 Circular

Notes: Easy pattern to follow, I love the heel. And the pretty picot edge! They're a keeper, I just have to wait to wear them, it's so hot here!

1 comment:

knittingnurse said...

Oooh, you are going to spin up some BEEEAAAAUUUTIFUL yarn. Wow!

Love the socks!

Hope you come out the ultimate winner against the "ick"