Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Summer of....

Before this summer became the summer of my parent's divorce, it was going to be the "Summer of Fiber Arts." I'm taking the beginning spinning class at the weaving works at the end of the month, and last Friday, I started my WEAVING CLASS!

The weaving class is every Friday for eight weeks, for three hours apiece. This week we learned about warps, all the terms, and got our first homework assignment, warping up the table loom!

Warp threaded through the beater:


Looks like a comb, right?



Scout exploring the back of the loom , where the warp goes through the hettles.

I finished my homework, as we were supposed to put the warp through the hettles in a 4, 3, 2, 1 pattern. Next week, we'll hopefully start some actual weaving!


I can't wait. I'm trying to research some projects. I know I want to make something for my Mom.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, I'm jealous that you live so close to weaving works! I'm glad to see that you're staying busy. Busy helps to get through the rough times. My first son was born with gastroschisis and spent 6 weeks in the NICU and staying busy was all we had to keep us sane. :)

knittingnurse said...

How are you honey? remember you can email me if you need to, kay?

Thinking so much about you and keeping you and Mom in my prayers.