Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Mmmmm.... Fall....

Today was the first day of fall. Overcast, rainy, cool. Good sleeping weather. Today was the first day in MONTHS I didn't have to open the window in my apartment while sleeping for work.

My mom is getting ready to sell the house. She's going through all the stuff collected in the past 33 years, and getting rid of stuff. She's having a garage sale on September 30. I'm inspired as well to clean house and get rid of stuff.

I have a large rubber stamp collection that I never use (tossed aside for knitting!) old books, etc. I'm desparate to clean house, I know I have too much crap.

This fall, I'm vowing to do lots of things to clean house, to improve myself.

Sunday I'm meeting the girl Terence wants to date. I've never had to do this before. I'm over him, but it still hurts to think about meeting a girl he's interested in. I hope I don't behave like the crazy ex. Please tell me this is normal to worry about stuff like this. I'm just thankful it's a group thing, and several of my good friends will be there to help me through it.

So, a few goals for fall:

1. Clean and get rid of things I don't use. (Garbage, garage sale, Ebay)
2. Clean apartment, host some fall/winter parties.
3. Get more active, lose breakup weight!
4. Inventory all knitting projects and finish at least half (this is the scary part--I know I have LOTS!)
5. Help Mom move. (This one will be hard...)
6. Post more frequently! With pictures!

Anyhoo, that's the list up to this point. I'll be staying with my Mom for the next few days. So pictures will happen this weekend. Oooo! Maybe I'll have a contest or two!!

Contest #1

How many WIP does Erin have? Includes socks, sweaters, scarves, etc. ALL KNITTING PROJECTS!

Deadline for entry: September 20th
Prize: TBD (thinking about some of my handspun or sock yarn... We'll see what the winner wants.)
Will accept entries from all over the world!

Good Luck!


Contest #2
Will be how many garbage bags of stuff will I get rid of? I'll hold off accepting entries on this one for now--will wait until the first contest is done.

11 comments:

Nicole Valentine said...

I'm guessing 14. :)
Hope the move goes well and good luck with your autumn cleaning!

trek said...

I'll chime in with 13.
Happy moving.

tiennieknits said...

Chin up! You'll do great and will be stronger coming out in the end!

knittingnurse said...

I am thinking that we are so much alike the more I read your posts!

OK, I am going to guess. . . . .9 project that are WIPs!

knittingnurse said...

I am thinking that we are so much alike the more I read your posts!

OK, I am going to guess. . . . .9 project that are WIPs!

knittingnurse said...

I am thinking that we are so much alike the more I read your posts!

OK, I am going to guess. . . . .9 project that are WIPs!

knittingnurse said...

I just wrote a longer comment but couldn't post it.

I guess 9 projects.

Emma said...

27!

Rachel said...

I'm going to guess 12 WIPs.

Abi said...

You've definately got friends to be there. And we're eating food with red sauce, I presume... so if throwing becomes necessary, it will be dramatic! :-)

I am going to be conservative in my guessing, since you are the best at finishing things that I know of. How about seven?

Mim said...

My guess is 18. Good luck with finishing them!