Monday, September 25, 2006

My UFOs

I could have sworn I had more UFOs than this, but these were all that I could find... :)

First off, my oldest UFO (since I've gotten back into knitting)

Pattern: Ribby Cardi in Grey, and the sleeves were going to be in a hunter green.
Started: About 2 years ago
Reason it remains unfinished: I got bored with the grey and the ribbing. The short straight bamboo needle had something to do with it, I believe.



Pattern: Joy from Kim Hargreaves
Started: About a year and a half ago
Reason it remains unfinished: I ran out of yarn, bought a new ball (unmatching dyelot) and RAN OUT OF YARN AGAIN! I believe something is also wrong with the sleeve cap shaping. (Ummm, it's only 4 inches long! YES SOMETHING IS WRONG!)

Pattern: Raspy from Rowan Denim People
Started: About a year ago
Reason it remains unfinished: All that stockinette! ::snooze:: I do have a back, and 1.75 sleeves completed.


Pattern: Turtleneck Shrug from Scarf Style
Started: About a year ago.
Reason it remains unfinished: During the move from Redmond, I've lost my Scarf Style book, so I have no idea how to do the second sleeves cap shaping. I'm too cheap to buy a new one because I know that I'll find it as soon as I buy a new one. Plus I had no circular needles when I started, so the sleeves are knit flat. All that's left is the sleeve cap for one sleeve and the turtleneck part.


Pattern: Drop Stitch Hoodie from the Spring Interweave Knits
Started: In April or May this year
Reason it remains unfinished: I got bored, plain and simple.


Pattern: Farrow Rib Gauntlets
Started: May 2006
Reason it remains unfinished: I needed the size 3 circular needle for something else I wanted to start! :)

Pattern: Etheral from Kim Hargreaves
Started: July
Reason it languishes: Ugh, an entire sweater knitted on US3s? What was I thinking?!



Pattern: Orangina
Started: August
Reason it remains unfinished: I messed up the lace, and need to rip back or rip it out. :-(


Superman Stripe Socks
Started: March, I think.
Reason it remains unfinished: I got bored with it.


Socks knitted on Ebony DPNs
Started: May or June
Reason it remains unfinished: I got tempted by other projects


Pattern: Mom Hug Sweater
Started: August
Reason it remains unfinished: My mom's weight. She's lost so much, that I think I'm going to have to rip out the sweater and restart.


Knee High Socks made out of Silk Garden Light!
Started: August
Reason it remains unfinished: I went on vacation.



Pattern: Kitty Cat Hat from Stitch and Bitch
Started: On the flight from Seattle to Philadelphia
Reason it remains unfinished: I'm not sure my gauge is right. The hat is for a co-worker, and I think it might be too small. I'm also planning on overdying this, as the Weaving Works didn't have the right colored yarn. My co-worker wants a pumpkin orange or an eggplant. I'm on the never ending Icord right now.


Pattern: Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Started: September
Reason it remains unfinished: Because a girl has to work and sleep! :) I've been knitting on this pretty much exclusively. I've joined the body and sleeves to make the yoke.


I didn't have stitch markers when I started, so I used my rings! :)

I have one more sweater started, Fay, from Kim Hargreaves, but I wasn't able to take a picture of it. And I know of four pairs of socks that remained unfinished. (Kill Bill, Dragonfly, Firefly, and my first pair of socks ever!)

That brings my total up to...

19!

So, the winner of the contest is MIM! She guessed 18.

Mim, Blogger ate your email address, so if you could please email me at EksRN2002 at aol dot com, we can arrange for your prize! Congrats!

3 comments:

knittingnurse said...

Yeah for MIM! Boy, am I glad that I am not the only fickle knitter around! >wink< >wink<

crazy.knitting.lady said...

I can't blame you at all for having so many WIPs! I get such itchy knitting fingers sometimes.

Is that the Elann Peruvian Highland for the Ribby Cardi? I used that yarn for the Twist Cardi from Chicknits, also in grey, and it turned out quite nicely.

Donna said...

So, how is Fay going? Can't wait to see it. I bought the kit also. As soon as I finish my current project, I'm starting that next. Can't wait!