Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Fetching and New Sweaters

Finally, my other FO! A pair of Fetching gloves


Knitted in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. First glove was knitted during my Mom's garage sale, and the second was completed the next day! Such a QUICK project!

I tried to get a good picture of both glove with the kitties, but Scout wasn't cooperating! She's totally bailing on me in this picture! :)

But at least you can see both gloves in this picture.



Why is it, when I have an emotional crisis, I feel like I NEED to buy lots of yarn?! All of it has been on sale at least. :)

The first yarn to arrive was Elann's Quechua. I'm knitting Ivy from the fall issue of Knitty.


I'm about 12 inches up the back of the sweater. I'm finding the Quechua hard to work with. The yarn has no give, and I find my hands getting sore after 10-20 minutes. I can't wait to have a finished sweater though!


Next up is this sweater:

It's destined to be my Mom's Christmas present. I'm having gauge issues! I'm ending up having to knit the 46" bust size for to end up with a 34.5 inch sweater!


I sent an email to my Mom with the link to Knit Picks and several yarns for her to choose from. She ended up picking the Knit Picks Shine Worsted in Coral for her sweater.


I'm making progress, so far so good. I'm using my NEW Knit Picks Options needles! Here's to hoping that I have enough yarn... :)

I also have yarn arriving for TWO more sweaters... :) Details to come!

My parent's house is going on the market tomorrow. This divorce thing is so real now. They have the house all staged... It's empty and a shell of what is once was. I WISH I could buy the house from my parents, but I cannot afford their asking price.

I also have a tentative meeting time with my Dad. I haven't seen him since July. He hadn't called me since July. He finally called last week. I'm anticipating angry words from me during the meeting. I hope he's ready for my fury. Jerk. (I'd love to use some other adult words... :) )

4 comments:

Abi said...

The house stuff sounds so hard... it's good that you have each other to get through this. I hope the meeting with your dad goes as well as possible, or you kick him in the butt.

The sweaters look gorgeous, by the way!

knittingnurse said...

Love the gloves. I think you have convinced me that I need a pair of "fetching" gloves also!

Glad to see that your projects are going along so well. They all look gorgeous. You guys are in a pinky, red, corally mood right now aren't ya? Love it!

As far as the house and your Dad, I am soooo sorry. I can't even imagine how you are feeling. I hope that you are able to get all you need to off your chest, it's not good for you to internalize, but, you know that. Us nurses, we know what's good for our patients but it's so hard to do, huh?

Love ya!

Sarah said...

How how how do you have so many FOs? I love my fetchings! They knit up so fast.

crazy.knitting.lady said...

Erin - your sweaters-in-progress and fetching look beautiful! That Quechua red is such a brilliant colour. I hope your hands will do OK.

That other knitted cardigan looks gorgeous, too!