Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Still here!

So, my Mom left last week. She's already arrived to her destination in Florida. She'll be looking for apartments and such this week before heading to house sit for her sister. I was tempted to fly out and spend some time with her, but airfares this late in the game are EXPENSIVE! ($600-1000) I put in that I wanted first class, and the tickets were about the same price! How crazy is that?!? I'm doing ok. I've had my moments where I miss her so much. Lots of anger directed towards my Dad, and some soul searching on weather or not I'll be staying in Seattle.

Anyhoo, on with the knitting. Look what's on the blocking board!


Yay! It's a finished Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds! This one was such an easy knit! I can't wait to wear it.


A close up of the cool buttons I got from the Weaving Works. I know my Mom will be jealous of these. :)

I also finished up my Turtleneck Shrug. I'll post pics of that with my next post. Can you believe it?! TWO FO in one night!


You know me, I casted on right away for another project. I'll be ripping about half of this out. There's a defect in the yarn that I need to rip back to, so there's no problems in the future. I KNEW I shouldn't have left it in but I did. Now about an hour and a half of work will go down the drain. I'll rip it out next time I pick it up. Isn't the rule "No ripping after midnight?"


Here's a preview of an upcoming project. I'll be using this to create a sweater for my Mom. I'm missing one color. Any guesses on what I'm going to make? I'll give you a hint... It's either going to be my knitting triumph or my knitting disaster. :)

Anyhoo, it's 6:48, I need to go to bed so I can work tonight! Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Mote said...

Wow, your Lucy looks awesome! I'm halfway through the yoke of a Lucy I'm making for my sister for Christmas. It's an excellent pattern and I wear mine all the time, it's so comfy!

tiennieknits said...

Your sweater and the buttons are beautiful! My guess is that you're going to do Eunny Jang's Venezia Pullover. Am I right? Do I get a prize? J/K!

tiennieknits said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
knittingnurse said...

Fair Isle Venezia Pullover is my guess as well.

Hang in there honey.

What can I do for you?????

Abi said...

OOOOOOH! You should totally have a web fashion show with all your beautiful creations!

Glad to see you are back online. Hopefully I will join you in blogland again after my exam on Thursday.