Tuesday, December 12, 2006

You're right!


All those yarns are for the Venezia Pullover from the latest Interweave! (Can you tell I LOVE this issue, I have the yarn to make THREE sweaters from this issue--Two of which you've seen!)

I'm still waiting for the yellow ochre to come into stock at the Weaving Works. Here's my dilemma...

I really want to start on this sweater for my Mom. I have the cabled one made out of the Knitpicks cotton on the needles. I'm not loving working with the yarn, on that one. Should I start on the Venezia Pullover and make this one my Mom's Christmas present? Eunny said she knit it in 5 days. I'd like to get it done for my Mom's first day of work at her new job, which is mid January... Which one should I do first?

Also, I have two skeins of pure alpaca to make a scarf for my aunt to thank her for helping my Mom. Any classic, elegant scarf patterns come to mind? Check out the link above to see the yarn. It's a DK weight in a deep cranberry. The color is luminous. I was thinking something like the Irish hiking scarf, but I'd like something that's reverseable. Suggestions are more than welcome!

4 comments:

Mote said...

Whoa, she knit that in five days??? That's some mad skills....

knittingnurse said...

Dude, if you think you can finish it by Christmas, I say go for it. As for me, I'd be lucky if I finished it by next christmas. . . .

Anonymous said...

your mom is such a lucky giftee. I love that sweater but alas I have a large chestal reagion and I think it would look horrible on me.

Sarah said...

You have been tagged. I would like to hear 6 wierd things about you... See my blog for the meme.


Sarah