Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Almost done

It's been an exciting week around here in Knitting RN land! First, I got approved for a vacation next month so I can see my Mom (good), went on a date (good), had migranes (bad--I've never had one before), and watched my college football team win (REALLY good!). Bet you're wondering what's almost done...

Just the Equestrain Jacket...

All main pieces are knit and seamed, button installed, just waiting on me to get off my lazy butt and do the edgings on the collar and lower hem. She'll also need some aggressive blocking of the collar for it to lie properly.

What's been taking my attention? The lovely Nantucket Jacket. I'm all about the jackets this winter. :)

It's being knit in the yarn called for, Berrocco Pure Merino. Other than it being a bit splitty, I'm LOVING working with this yarn. I'm also thinking about stashing a bunch I love it so much. :) I'm working on the bust increases now.

And Eunny finishing the Venezia Pullover in 5 days? Dude. I've worked on the pullover for a good part of two days, and all I have to show for it is the body hem, and 4 rows of colorwork. The Venezia Pullover will is going to be a long term project.

4 comments:

tiennieknits said...

Your knitting is looking really great! OMG - I bow down to you for even attempting the Venezia! That is going to be one amazing piece of knitting!

knittingnurse said...

Congrats on the football game (AACK that hurt to type that - tee hee) but seriously that was a GREAT game.

Yeah for finished projects and I am SOOOOOOOO impressed (and envious) about your knitting on the Nantucket Jacket. Damn! That looks awesome!

goodkarma said...

Loving your current projects and the colors you're knitting them in. Are you going to keep the Nantucket with 3/4 length sleeves or go for full length?

Liz said...

I knit the sleeves of Venezia first and they took me about 2.5 weeks. I cast on today for the body and it took me all day to finish the first row! (I kept getting interrupted, but still!) Yeah, this definitely is gonna be a long-term project. Good luck with yours!