Sunday, April 22, 2007

Fix and Finish it Weekend

Hello there everyone! Yes, I know I haven't been blogging much... :( No excuse for that other than laziness.

But I haven't been lazy in the knitting department. I deemed this weekend the Fix and Finish it Weekend! Look what's blocking on the blocking board!



It's still wet, so no modeled shots just yet. But she's done! I even learned how to crochet for this! It's actually kinda fun to double crochet, if I do say so myself.

Knit in Berroco Pure Merino, using Knit Picks Options, size 9. Shell buttons.

I know I didn't blog much about this, just never really felt inspired to. I also think I used a too big crochet hook. My edging came out a bit ruffley, but I actually kinda like it. :)

Here's another purchase I made with the buttons for the Nantucket.


Pearl snaps for PUFFY! I ended up ripping out my old button band, reknitting it, and taking out the old (gorgeous) buttons. Once I find my hammer, I'll install the rest.

But here's a preview of the one button I installed. I got 16 total, so there should be no gappage. :) I'm hoping to have this finished in time for a trip I'm taking next week.


What's next on the needles? Some Blue Sky Alpaca in Purple. Bought from the Knit Happens sale. (Who DIDN'T buy some yarn during that sale?!?)


I'm just about 2 skeins into making Glee. Mine will have a few mods, like making the placket a bit shorter. I don't want a neckline down to my navel. :)



And look, I'm SWATCHING!! This is for a project that's going to remain a little hush hush for a bit more while I figure out the specifics. It's a washed gauge swatch of Berroco Pure Merino in the round using US 9 Needles. Yes, I have big plans for you, my pretty. :)

4 comments:

Denise said...

Beautiful sweater! I really like the periwinkle color.

Bryony said...

Oooo lovely :) The ruffling effect is v attractive. Lots of eye candy here too today ;D

Cheryl said...

I love that Blue Sky alpaca! I have a bunch of it too, I'm going to make the cropped cardi on the Blue Sky site with it. I think it will make a wonderful version of Glee.

Asa said...

What a beautiful cardigan - great colour and pattern.

Asaknitter
www.knittingnutter.com