Monday, May 14, 2007

Reason # 462 Why I Love the Internets

You know when you've become a slack blogger, when your MOTHER tells you on Mother's Day to update your blog more often. :)

I figure I should tell you why I love the internets. :) A few weeks ago, I was in Las Vegas. One of the days we were there, a car was rented for the trip to see the Hoover Dam. Since seeing the Dam takes about 3-4 hours, we had some time to kill before having to return the car. So, I visited a yarn store, where I fell in love with some yarn.

This yarn:


It's Cestari 2-ply worsted weight wool, in a blackberry tweed. This picture doesn't do it justice. Anyhoo, the yarn store I went to only had 5 skeins available. Even though I knew I couldn't make a sweater with 1000 yards of the wool, I decided to purchase the yarn. As soon as we got back to the hotel, I got on the internets, found Cestari's website, and sent an email to customer service, asking if they had any more of the yarn in stock. Sure enough, they did! So, now I have 2000 yards of the blackberry tweed! I'm thinking of making this into a Rogue. :)


I also purchased from Dani at Sunshine Yarns:

Dark Forest:

and Field of Flowers:


Knitting on Glee continues. I've joined for working in the round, and am about 4-5 inches in.


I've also started on some socks for my Mom:

Socks that Rock Lightweight in the Lemongrass colorway. Do I need to tell you what pattern this is? :)

My latest spinning project, sock yarn for Abi, in Crown Mountain Farm's American Pie. Singles on the Matchless:


Singles on the Lazy Kate waiting to be plyed.

4 comments:

Abi said...

OOOOOHH! I love the internets too! That way I can drool over my friends' knitting and spinning! So pretty!

Karen said...

You have all kinds of pretty new things going on! I love the American Pie singles! I have that colorway waiting in the wings. Seeing yours makes me want to spin in right this minute.

Elemmaciltur said...

Oooooh, I <3 the Dark Forest yarn!

Asaknitter said...

Yum, lots of lovely yarn and I really like the yarn you are spinning.