Sunday, November 04, 2007

Koolhaas Hat

I love living in Seattle. One reason is because of the interesting architecture. One building I've loved since it was built, is the Seattle Public Library, designed by Rem Koolhaas.





I've loved the diamonds of the design, and all the glass.

Needless to say, when I saw Brooklyn Tweed's design of the Koolhaas hat, I knew I needed to make one for Bernie.



And then take a picture of him outside of the Seattle Public Library.


The hat is knit out of the suggested yarn, Shokay by Shambala. Bernie's hat is knit in the colorway "Earth"



I used US 6 for the ribbing, and US8 for the design.



Bernie and I will be going to New York City next month and I thought he'd need a nice warm hat. It's how a knitter shows her love, you know? :)



Of course, I needed to get a shot of me in his hat. SO WARM!

6 comments:

Stitchywitch said...

I love it - it looks so comfortable, and what a lovely brown. Love the building too!

Abi said...

I've been drooling over that hat for a month! Is it safe to assume you might let me take a look at the pattern? :-)

Lookin' good! (*whistling*)

Octopus Knits said...

Great job on the hat - and what a perfect photoshoot!

Elemmaciltur said...

Great job on the hat! Now I just need to finish mine. :-p

goodkarma said...

Those are gorgeous shots! A precursor to the amazing CPH photoshoot in NYC?

MissHelen said...

Bernie's a born runway model.
:)
Love the pics, and love the hat!