Saturday, May 03, 2008

Rogue is FINISHED!

And I went crazy with the FO pics! Warning, picture heavy post!

I finished sewing the sleeves, just today. All in all, it took me about 2 months to knit this sweater. I'm hoping the next will take a shorter amount of time.

I knit this using a yarn I found in Las Vegas. It's Cestari 2-ply wool. I ended up emailing them to order more skeins, since the Las Vegas store only had 5.

I loved knitting the cables on the hood. Following the chart, and keeping track made it super easy. I honestly was expecting it to be a lot harder. If you're intimidated by Rogue, don't be! A highlighter will be your best friend!

I think I did an decent job grafting the hood. The puckering on the underside in this picture is the only thing I don't like about Rogue.


Overall, I'm very happy!
The sleeve cables were fun too!

I ended up finishing it on a great day to wear it! It was cool and rainy in Seattle today!

Now for some cable pr0n. :)







It's a winner!

8 comments:

MinaNina said...

Beautiful work and you look very cute in it :) And the pictures are just adorable.
Mina (I've been reading secretly for a while now.)

Gingerbread said...

Hi there, It's great love the colour, it makes the cable stand out well. Julie

Kessa said...

Awesome job! The color looks great on you and I love the cables!

Carol said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! you did an awesome job with it! I LOVE the colour and the cables I love everything about it, it looks beautiful on you! :)

sarahmackenzie said...

The sweater is beautiful! I love that colour, too. I saw you on Ravelry's With This String group (I'm sarahmackenzie).

Sarah said...

Oh I love that sweater! I am trying to finish my first adult sweater project for myself and I am hooked! I love knitting for myself. It is so much fun! pssst you are sort of my inspiration for that too. you always knit such beautiful garments for yourself with ease!

Bryony Ramsden said...

Cute! :) Gorgeous colour and beautiful cabling. Just lovely.

knitography said...

Lovely sweater, and that purple looks so nice on you!