Sunday, June 22, 2008

Black Sheep Gathering

I spent the weekend in Eugene, OR this weekend. Bernie and I went to the Black Sheep Gathering! (My second time, his first time!)

I had a lot of fun. :)

I was inspired by the handspun yarn competition:



I think I'll enter in the competition next year. :)

I also made a few new friends:




I also got to watch the end of the fleece judging!


I'd love to be able to learn how to do this.

I was able to purchase two gorgeous fleeces. First is a Shetland fleece.


It's black, with sunbleached tips.

It's got a fair amount of VM in it, and needs a decent bit of cleaning.

Isn't it gorgeous?


Next is this black Corriedale fleece.


I'm thinking of sending this one out for processing, but we'll see. :)


All in all, a good weekend. And I think Bernie enjoyed himself too, as he is now making plans for us to camp next year! :)

1 comment:

Romi said...

I am *so* jealous! :)