Monday, May 04, 2009

Wedding Veil

I know I didn't update much on this project...

That's for a few reasons. First, really how interesting is lace when it's unblocked? And second, I got really really sick in between when I started and the end of the project.


That's a whole 'nother story for another time, though.


Let's celebrate the finishing of the shawl!

All of these photographs are from my wedding photographer, Kate McElwee

Bernie and I got married on April 18, 2009. Seattle cooperated, and we had a beautiful spring day!

The pattern I used for the veil, was the Shetland Tea Shawl from "A Gathering of Lace"

The first two pattern repeats were fun, and easy to do. The last repeat was when I got sick, and I wasn't able to concentrate on it. And the edging? Ugh, the edging was 110 repeats of the same 10 rows. But I got it done, with about 2 weeks to spare! and the edging was worth it in the end!

You also see that I went a non-traditional route with having my veil custom dyed by the AMAZING Sweet Georgia. What's also awesome was that I sent a picture of the yarn and magazine cover that inspired the color palette to see if the florist could match my hydrangeas of the bouquet. I'd say, she did a pretty awesome job, wouldn't you?


It was an amazing day, with an amazing honeymoon! Like I said in a Facebook status, married life is bliss! :)

6 comments:

loopykd said...

Congrats! Yes, the colors are perfect! Nice work and beautiful pictures.

Jasmin said...

Now THAT is an heirloom veil!

Gor-GEOUS!

Elemmaciltur said...

Congrats!!! Everything looks absolutely great! (And the shawl and the colour!)

Carol said...

Beautiful... And Congratulations :)

Kate said...

Erin, it was such a treat working with you and Bernie, and I have to say my pictures don't do your amazing veil justice! It was so gorgeous. You have a huge talent :-)

a frog named purl said...

congratulations! and you look beautiful. gorgeous even! nice work on the veil. inspiring.