Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Lots of knitting going on here!

First off, an update on my Simple Yet Effective Shawl. It's done!


Simple Yet Effective Shawl by Laura Chau, aka Cosmic Pluto
Yarn: Noro Kureyon Sock
Needles: US 4 from Knit Picks
Impression: It's a bit scratchy, but the colors can't be beat. Thinking of doing another one of these in a solid merino sock yarn.


I also cast on for another project and finished it!


It's the Ridged Lace Cowl by Elinor Brown, aka Exercise before Knitting
Yarn: Elsabeth Lavold Silky Cashmere, 4 skeins
Needles: US 8 Addi Turbos
Impression: Such a luxe yarn! I can't wait for Fall/Winter to arrive so I can wear this. A good stashbuster for some yarn I got from Webs on closeout.


I also cast on and have blocked this project too:



It's the Milkweed Shawl by Laura Chau. Proper FO shoot coming soon! It's too dark to properly photograph the yarn at night.

I'm also plugging away on the Featherweight Cardigan.


It's a bit farther along than you see here, but not much. :)


I also swatched some yarn that I got custom blended at Yarnia:


It looks pretty good in US 4s after washing. I think I'm going to design a simple top down raglan to use this yarn. It's got 2 strands of cashmere, 1 of alpaca, 1 of Rayon (the blue strand) and 1 strand merino.

And I've started on another sweater from the Fall 2009 Interweave Knits--the Nordique Swing.


I got gauge using US4s and my Classic Elite Yarns Classic One Fifty.


So far I've just gotten the ribbing done on a sleeve. :)

No comments: