Thursday, November 26, 2009

Well, it's been a long time...

And I have a lot to catch up on!

First, Bernie and I made an offer and bought a house! Yay! It's a lovely 4 bed/1.75 bathroom house. We have some plans for it, but are happy with the way things are right now. :)

Now for the knitting!

I did some test knitting for Emily Wessel of damp city knits! This is the Sunflower Shawl:


I knit is using Wollmeise 100% superwash sock.



I love it, and wear it like this the most, with the point in front and the tips falling down the front. These little shawlettes are like crack. You can't just knit one!

I've also been plugging away on my Featherweight as well. But, unfortunately I haven't remained faithful to it. :)


Bernie and I also adopted a stray cat that was hanging around our old house. Her name is Lola, and we love her. The other cats? Probably not so much. :)


I also finished up the Nordique Swing!


And knit a Liesl that still needs to be blocked.


I knit a Prairie Rose Lace shawl from the book "Knitters Book of Wool," and it's blocking now.


Hurry up and dry!


Current WIPs are a Percy Shawl using some Hazel Knits that I got at Sock Summit and a Lightweight Pullover using my blend of Yarnia. Will work on getting some pictures of those other than the skeins. :)

That's about it! I'll work harder on keeping this blog a little more up to date. If there's another break in regular blogging, check out my activity on Ravelry, I'm KnittingRN there, or with my podcast, The Anatomy of Knitting (find on iTunes!)

6 comments:

stotchywitch said...

Lola looks like our sarah jane, who was also a stray. I love all your projects, especially the shawl!

mamakin said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog-saw some of your work on Rav and it's just beautiful. Now I see the Sunflower shawl and the color is so perfect for you & your work is amazing.

Congratulations on your wedding (it will be great since you got married on the day my sister was born and I've always thought that was a lucky & special day)and your new home. I saw the veil you made for your wedding and I have to say I'm so impressed not only with your talent but with the way you followed your heart and did it in a color that was special to you.

I also saw the shawl (or shmawl as some of my Rav friends call the shawlettes) you made for your mom and I've got to find that pattern & the one you test knit (Sunflower shawl)and get them on my list of 10 Shawls for 2010 (for group of same name). My list keeps changing whenever I see something new that I love, so I'm thinking if I keep at it I'll have to make my own group called 2010 Shawls in 2010 lol.

I also want to tell you that I admire the work you've chosen as your career. I wish I'd followed my heart when I was younger and became a nurse or doctor, but when I was young, my parents felt a nurse just changed bed pans(what did they know) & no woman should or could be a doctor (I rest my case). Unbelievable how that kind of thing can change someone's dreams. When I think now of how I ran around protesting the war in VN, and worked for equal rights for women and 'people of color' as they said then, I can't believe I didn't stand up for me.

I'm glad that an accident of knitting sent me to your blog & to you.

Much happiness to you & Bernie.

And can you really grow banana trees in Seattle? Cuz if you can, I think I'd like to give it a shot in NY :-)

I'm Mamakin on Rav. Right now I'm working on 10 shawls in 2010, a KAL for a Clapotis (my first-yours gives me hope lol) with TLE, gearing up for the Ravelympics so I can get to those WIPs I've been trying to ignore and do some spinning. I started spinning over the summer with the TdeF using a spindle but haven't had much time to practice since then (aside from a SAL with Bohoknitterchic for halloween)so I'm going to add that to my Ravelympic projects.

You do really beautiful work & I look forward to seeing your latest FOs

BJ(MamaKin on Rav)

瘋狂的 said...

我的痛苦會停止,但求我的心能征服它。........................................

Brad Fallon said...

I love the designs... especially your furry cat! Awesome post!

juliedonahue said...

Wow, everything looks amazing! I love the liesl! I need to knit myself a featherweight at some point (I have the yarn and everything) but for some reason I just get get to starting it!

I'm glad to hear you had a great trip to Germany!

Suzanne said...

Hi Erin,

I just finished listening to your podcast and looked up your knits on Ravelry. Thanks for a great podcast episode. I enjoyed it very much and hope you are soon back to a regular podcasting schedule. Have a great weekend!